Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The interviewing is over…. Now the wait begins!!

On Friday, Alana and I picked John up for the 15th time in 2 months from the airport. On Tuesday he left for Canada for his last 2 out of 19 interviews. I am so glad that it’s OVER. It has been a very long two months. We spent most of the time he was gone interviewing in Denver. You could say, Alana and I where lonely we missed John and our friends so much. By the end of March when John left for a 4-day sweep of interviews Alana asked me “Mommy, why can’t we go home?” I said to her that daddy had to work in Denver for a few more days. Her responds was “But Daddy is never home, he keeps going on big trips.” (That is what we called the interviews to her).  I just smiled and thought poor baby, she can’t understand why she can’t have her house, friends or daddy. I am grateful that she is so young she won’t remember how little John is around, she will just remember the fun they had when he was. The hardest part of the last two months was when she would get sad and tell me “But mommy, I just miss my house and friends so much.” I would tell her they miss her too. It would break my heart because I missed them just has much as she did. Most, of you know that we have been traveling in and out of El Paso for the last year for John to do away rotations. The longest we came back for was 2 VERY SHORT months. I’m super glad John is done interview but even more glad that we ARE HOME for GOOD!! John will have to go back to Denver next year but we aren’t sure when or for how long. Something I don’t plan to put on my radar until next fall.

 

We find out about Fellowship in May. We both have prayed and believe that if this is God’s will then, it will happen. We feel it’s in God’s hands now. John has done the best he can. I ask that you pray for John, that no matter what the decision is in May that John finds peace in it. We know that the first year of applying is a long shot.

 

For those of you who don’t’ know John will start his last year of Residency on July 1st!! Yes, we still have one more year but after 5 years we are taking this year head ON!! Besides, it will be one of the best years of our lives, Davis will join us and complete our family. 

1 comment:

Megan said...

hey Michelle- only 100 days left (until Davis joins us) :) Hang in there!